Saturday, 19 March 2011

P-Way On Engine Shed Point

When I built Touchwood, in my hast to make the points look better I cut the sticking up bits of the tie bar, well this caused problems on this point and the left had blade started to spring up onto the running rail.

Me and a friend tried fixing this by soldering a strip of cooper clad to the noise that was the problem, but managed to solder the point together, so the point was needed to be lifted and a new one fitted.

A bit of water on the ballast, some scrapping of the ballast and the help of a vacumn got rid of the ballast ready for the new point.

New point installed, droppers soldered back in place, managed to re fit the iso fishplates, all tested and works.

All that is left to be done is paint the rail web and then reballast and everything will be back as it was.